It’s finally Friday! And it looks like we’re due for a wet weekend indoors with a bunch of movies and probably some sweet treats. To get you prepped for this mega movie marathon we’ve decided to put together a quick-fire movie quiz (it’s shoe related, obviously!) We look at some of our favourite shoe ‘moments’ in recent film history. All you have to do is check out the images below and see if you can guess the film and name the shoes. Lights, Camera, Action!
Released in 1982, Sean Penn’s rebellious and fun-loving character iconized these famous checkerboard printed shoes in this classic film.
Hint: A pair of sunglasses are named after his character in the film!
Get nostalgic with this 90’s coming-of-age film. Liv Tyler’s character rocked the mini-skirt and combat boot combo. (In love with her style!)
Hint: This film has an acclaimed soundtrack.
This musical/comedy/romance was box office hit in 1978. Set during 1950s in an American high school, half the male ensemble wore these iconoclastic sneakers.
Hint: ****** is the word!
Loosely based on Jane Austen’s novel, Emma, this 90s cult classic is jam packed full with some seriously amazing fashion moments and hilarious one-liners.
Hint: “As if!”
Quentin Tarantino directed and wrote this epic action film. Influenced by 70s Japanese martial arts, this movie boasts a stellar cast.
Hint: This film was released in two volumes.
Michael Cera stars in this comic style action comedy. These quintessential sneakers are featured throughout the entire film.
Hint: 7 evil exes!
1. Checkerboard CSO’s worn by Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn) in Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
2. Lace-up Doc Martens worn by Corey Mason (Liv Tyler) in Empire Records (1995)
3. Converse All Star Hightop’s in Grease (1978)
4. Silver Mary-Jane’s worn by Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) in Clueless (1995)
5. Onitsuka Tiger’s worn by the Bride/Beatrix Kiddo (Uma Thurman) in Kill Bill (2003)
6. Adidas Superstar’s worn by Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)
Enjoy your weekend!