It’s officially December and the party season is upon us, making it the perfect opportunity to show-off all your new wares! Because nothing feels better than letting loose in a brand new cocktail dress and a pair of dazzling heels. With the lead up to Christmas, and the New Year soon after, the team at Shoe Connection have put together the ultimate party survival guide.
1. Hot, new, now! There is nothing like a new pair of shoes to get you excited for the party season. If you’re wearing a brand new pair for the first time, make sure you wear them around the house prior to going out. Practice walking in them to soften and break them in.
2. Nude hues are the favourite shade of the new season. Top off your outfit with a nude pump that elongates the leg and adds sophistication to your wardrobe.
3. Have a bag of toiletries on hand with some spare essentials like concealer, lipstick, Band-Aids, hair clips and breath mints.
4. Gel cushions will be your saviour this summer. Pop a pair in some platform pumps. Tip: You can use under the ball of your foot or under your heel. If they’re not the right size you can trim the sides so they fit perfectly.
5. Don’t forget the ultimate handbag essentials: phone, keys and wallet. Tip: Make sure your cellphone is fully charged before you leave the house.
6. If you’re worried about staying cool and comfy during a Christmas party, a pair of block heel sandals will see you through the night in style. A chunky wooden heel with leather straps will keep you on your toes from dawn till dusk.
7. If you can’t last the whole evening, pack a spare pair of flats in your handbag for a fashion emergency. The Midori slip-on by Diavolina is a great option because its low-key yet feminine silhouette provides comfy class that won’t distract from your outfit.
Photo Credit: http://www.pinterest.com/